About Me

Pennsylvania, United States
Born into a creative environment, artist father and inspiring mother, destiny began. Art is a face, a force, never absent, never silent. Possessing a vibrant, active, colorful mind, and the skills to create images is serving me well. Art is my confidante, voice, solution and salvation. Exposing my ideas, images, humor, sarcasms and statements, fertilizes the art within. Reaction to my creations evokes growth in both creator and viewer.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

NEWS !

TA DA . . . .

Must share this exciting personal art moment. Friday, November 24th, I had the privilege of meeting Victoria Donahue, art critic for the Philadelphia Inquirer Newspaper. This chance encounter elicited my version of “happy feet” and happy heart. One might question: why such a strong response to this chance encounter? I believe one should not leave things up to chance, yet would be foolish not to recognize the chances one has. Goal setting is method I attest to. A very important goal I had set for myself was to have an art critic review my work. Last August, I curated a show for 13 Art Sisters at the Louis L. Redding Building in Wilmington, DE (for more information on this very interesting organization, visit
www.artsisters.org). Victoria Donahue took the time and energy to critique the show, entitled “Never Go It Alone.” Her review, positive, I might add, was dated August 13, 2006 (good reading). Needless to say, meeting Ms. Donahue offered the opportunity to express my gratitude in person. I found her to be a most warm personality. Of course, I had previously written her a thank you (snail mail, not e-mail). Moments like this rank right up there with an Art Sale!

In addition, I would like to share the following web site of Alyson Stanfield:
www.artbizblog.com. At her recent seminar (November 4th) at the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington on “Self-Promotion Essentials for Reluctant Artists,” acting on such opportunities, writing thank you notes, and having the confidence to promote yourself, is only a small part of the helpful advice I learned that afternoon.

Speaking of “ta da . . .” read more in my Dada column

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was there in DE, Leslie, and I have learned so much from it. I'm addicted to the blog, and can't wait until Monday for the newsletter. I'm sitting here, writing thank you's right now. Congrats on you critique!

~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Cool! Thanks, Leslie & Rebecca. Now, what's been going on for you in 2007?